What is Self Healing Network?
Is a future network state where advanced AI & Machine Learning work in unison to not only proactively monitor network patterns & predict potential issues but also possess the ability to fix itself with optimally-suited solution in real-time… all with little –no human intervention… thereby reducing costs & maximizing network uptime
- The amount of time & effort required to identify, manage & correct any issues within the ever expanding complex wireless networks is substantial
- Not to mention the high costs of running dedicated team(s) of network IT & engineering staff to rectify issues detected
- Additionally, any lost time associated with the identification & correction of the issue could also lead to a degraded customer experience & perhaps even lost revenue.
- Enter Self-healing Networks that are intelligent enough to minimize / eliminate humans from the equation of proactive identification & automated treatment of network issues
- Myriad of value-chain players are hard at work at building the ‘Auto Network Doctor’ of the future that is to be powered by a combination of advanced monitoring software as well as AI & Machine Learning algorithms
In the Interim
- In the interim, we should see Network Issue discovery & fixes go through various stages of automation & human intervention
- During this stage, the network would predominantly be taught to detect potential issues based on past patterns & certain algorithms… during which, human intervention would still be required to varying degree